Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Lunch!!! Grilled Tofu sandwich.

So, I was craving a grilled tofu sandwich.

Here is what I used

  • extra firm tofu
  • market pantry french bread (I checked the label, and it is vegan.)
  • Paprika
  • Oregano
  • Soy Sauce
  • cooking oil (any kind, as long as it's vegan)
  • Onions (optional)
Here's what I did

  • Squeeze all the water out of the tofu.
  • Slice it int to 1/4 inch wide pieces.
  • Coat your skillet with cooking oil
  • Place tofu slices in your skillet
  • Sprinkle soy sauce over the tofu pieces (do not use too much. Just enough to slightly change the color.
  • Sprinkle Oregano and paprika over the tofu.
  • Brown on one side, and turn.
  • Sprinkle more Oregano and Paprika on the other side.
  • Warm up your bread.
  • It you want to sauté the onions,  you can. I was too hungry to wait on the onions, so I just sliced them and put them on the sandwich.
  • Nom! I mean, enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment