Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Pizza, Pizza!!!

I love pizza. You know why? Because I can dump the contents of my refrigerator on a crust, bake it in the oven and call it a pizza. Nine times out of ten, it'll taste great.

Here is one pizza experiment that went very well for me.


  • Preheat the oven at about 450 degrees.
  • Use Trader Joe's Pizza Dough, because it's vegan.
  • Make sure the dough is room temperature.
  • Spread your pizza sauce on the dough. If you are a chef, you'll make your own pizza sauce, if you are like me, you'll buy Prego Traditional. Don't worry, it's vegan.
  • On this particular pizza I used artichoke hearts, chopped up asparagus, mushroom, and yellow and green bell peppers. By all means be creative! I usually don't add cheese alternatives to my pizza, but feel free to do just that! It'll be yummy either way.
  • If you have a pizza stone, you'll use that, but if you're like me, you'll put the whole thing in a cookie sheet (oiled of corse) and put it in the oven.
  • Let it cook for about 15 minutes. (To be safe, I'd check on it after 10 minutes, to make sure it doesn't overcook.)
  • Slice and NOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment