Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Tofu Breakfast Fajitas

Welcome to very my first vegan blog, and I am excited to share my journey with you. Before we start with the photos, I'd like to share a bit about myself. I am a freelance writer and a novelist by night, and I work part time as a preschool teacher by day.
I am currently working on a novel titled Autumn Again. For more about that, see the website: http://autumnagainnovel.com/ and the blog, http://jialing27.livejournal.com/.

Here is one of my favorite breakfast recipes.

Here is what you need:

  • Tortillas
  • Paprika (optional)
  • Extra firm tofu (do NOT use silken tofu)
  • Bell peppers (I like to use red, yellow, and green)
  • 1/4 cup of olive oil (or any oil)


Here's what you do!

  • Be sure that you squeeze all the water out of the tofu. It needs to be as dry as possible before you sauté it.
  • Slice or dice the bell peppers any what you want them, and sautee them in oil.
  • While peppers are cooking, Slice the tofu in to small one inch rectangles.
  • Add tofu to the skillet, sprinkle paprika over tofu and peppers, and cook until tofu is browned.
  • Heat up tortillas
  • Enjoy!
This is a quick and easy breakfast! Serve with soy milk, juice, or coffee, then take on the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment