Friday, October 29, 2010

Potluck Stew!

When someone throws various ingredients into a pot and hopes for the best, thats REAL potluck. At least, that's what my mom says. A dictionary will define it as something entirely different.

Anyways...

I wanted to make a veggie stew, but I didn't have a recipe in arms reach. I suppose I could have looked one up, but where's the fun in that?

Heres what I used:

  • 32 oz of veggie stock (No MSG)
  • 12 fingerling potatoes cut in half (the small colorful potatoes that come in yellow purple and reddish... google it.)
  • 1 can of chick peas
  • 2 bags of baby carrots, sliced (you can use one bag, if you wish... it depends on how much you love carrots)
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 2 cloves of garlic, sliced
  • Sea salt
  • Paprika
  • Oregano
  • Curry powder.
Here's what I did:


  • Boil potatoes for 15 minutes and drain.
  • Add veggie stock.
  • Add bay leaf
  • Add all the other veggies and season to taste.
  • Boil for 10 minutes (watch it so it doesn't burn)
  • Simmer until all veggies are tender
  • ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment